I think the heat was getting to me this weekend. It seemed that I did something wrong with practically every image I took! They were under exposed. They were over exposed. There was motion blur. There was camera shake. There was noise. Lots of noise. There was just plain old blah.
Yep; I’m blaming it on the Kansas heat with the 100+ temperature we had all weekend.
Once back inside where it was much much cooler… I decided that a bad image was just as good as any other image to do some Photoshop experimentation on; so I played around with a shot of a bear at the zoo.
- I straightened the crooked image.
- I removed the distracting bright green garden hose.
- I removed the annoying dried out weeds.
- I adjusted the exposure.
- I brightened his eyes.
- Applied a little camera shake filter.
- Did a little high pass sharpening.
- And just because it was a hot steamy day, and although you can’t usually see the humidity you can sure feel it, I added some steamy haze to the image.
OK. So you can’t really fix out of focus and plain old blah; but you can still have a little fun with it!
Click on the final image above to see a larger view, order prints, or download photos.