Ok, so this is just a re-run of an old post from last summer but I thought it might come in handy again…
My tips for photographing fireworks:
- camera in manual mode
- wide angle lens (around 28mm)
- lens on manual focus and turned to infinity
- ISO around 100
- aperture around f/11 or so
- shutter speed on BULB
- attach tripod & shutter release cable
- long exposure noise reduction if you have it
- shoot some in short burst of around 2 seconds and some in longer bursts of 15 to 20 seconds
- try leaving the shutter open for 30 to 40 seconds and cover the lens with a baseball cap between firework explosions to capture several in one shot
- oh, and take extra batteries, a cold drink, and bug spray!
HAPPY 4TH EVERYONE!