Got a bunch of not-so-awesome photos? Want to keep the memory but cut away the less than great parts of those images? Try making a fun photo collage!
I snapped a few photos the other night while we played out a game of Monopoly; well while I tried to play and was bankrupt very quickly then L went on to become the big ol’ miss money bags and win the game. I think it might have had something to do with the amount of time I spent in jail.
Anyway back to my point…
The photos were nothing earth shattering, just some of those everyday family snaps, so I decided to try my hand at a photo collage. No I didn’t break out the canvas, scissors, glue, ribbons, and colorful papers. I opened up Photoshop Elements and about 10 of those snaps.
Here’s what I ended up with…
Just in case you’ve never tried making a photo collage here’s the steps I took. Like they say, your mileage may very, so just have fun and play with your photos until you come up with something that makes you happy.
1) Make any necessary adjustments to your original photos.
2) Open a background layer; I made mine black because most of the photos were fairly dark to begin with.
3)Have some fun resizing, cropping, and even cutting out parts of your collection of photos.
4) Copy each photo to its own layer over your background.
5) Move the photos and rearrange the layers until you like the layout. Leave a little blank space to add some text if you’d like.
6) Add text and any effects or filter that you might want to play with.
7) Once you are happy with your results merge the layers, give it a name, and save it!