I thought you might like to have a few ideas for all those photographers you will be visiting soon. And if you happen to leave some of these under my tree too; well that would be ok!
So here we go with a nice long list of awesome gift ideas for photographers.
- Every photographer deserves a cool Photography Merit Badge! I saw one for only $3.85 at Etsy.com. Wouldn’t that look nice stitched onto my bag?
- How about a cute old camera lens adjustable ring [in antique silver] for just $9.00 at Etsy.com it’s a bargain!
- A Neewer 43-inch 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Light Reflector set would sure come in handy. You can find one at Amazon for $9.50.
- Accessories for BlackRapid straps like extra FastenRs are always a good thing to have in the ol’ bag. $13.95 at BlackRapid.Com.
- Everybody loves the amazing photography in NatGeo! How about a book from Amazon – National Geographic Dawn to Dark Photographs: The Magic of Light for just $14.32.
- This fun Photographer LN, Photography sign would look nice in the office! $15.99 at Etsy.com
- How about a Canon OIS Lens LED Flashlight Keychain for only $16.95 at Amazon. Every photographer needs a little extra light.
- If not a fun lens flashlight keychain than how about an Oh Crop! glass keyring for $17.07 at Etsy.com. Cute!
- You know Santa; my flash uses batteries fairly quickly so a couple sets of Rechargeable Batteries for $17.99 at Amazon would save us both a little cash in the long run.
- Photography books are always good; got so much to learn!Extraordinary Everyday Photography by Brenda Tharp for $21.67 at Amazon looks pretty good.
- A couple of vintage Cameras Cushion would make the seating in my office just that much more comfy! Only $24 at Etsy.com!
- A Rogue FlashBender 2 Small Reflector has been on my wish list for a while now. I saw one for $33.20 at Amazon. Come on Santa; everyone shops at Amazon these days.
- And while we’re thinking about flash accessories and light modifiers I could use a Canon OC-E3 Off Camera Shoe Cord (2′). Is $69.95 at B&HPhotoVideo.Com really too much for gaining all that extra control over where the light goes?
- Oh; and Santa don’t forget that every photographer needs extra batteries! And just so you know I use Canon Battery Packs [LP-E6] $69.95 each at Amazon!
- Even though it’s not the most fun part about photography we all need to learn how to make use of our friend Photoshop and Wacom Intuos Pro Pen and Touch Medium Tablet [$299.95 at Amazon] would sure help with that!
- While you’re shopping at Amazon please keep in mind that I really need a sturdy tripod. I’ve had my eye on a MeFOTO Carbon Fiber Globetrotter Travel Tripod Kit in a pretty color like green or red for a while now. $399 isn’t that much when you think about all the gear it will be supporting.
- Now back to the topic of lighting… I would love to experiment with more off camera flash with the help of a Pocket Wizard MiniTT1 Transmitter and FlexTT5 Transceiver for Canon $435 at PocketWizard.Com.
Ok Santa; let’s get down to business here. I have been a very good photographer this year. I’ve helped newbies, I’ve gone to workshops, I’ve learned new things, I’ve even donated time and images to non-profits and fundraising events! Not to pat myself on the back but just to let you know. So Santa dear buckle up your seat belt I wouldn’t want you fall out of the sleigh when you read the rest of this list. Yes; it gets a little pricey here but every photographer deserves to use awesome equipment and if my business is going to grow it’s time I step things up a bit!
- I could really use a new monitor. I hear the HP 27″ Z27X DreamColor LED Backlit Professional LCD Display is pretty awesome and it has Integrated calibration software! Nice. $1,131.99 at B&HPhotoVideo.Com
- There’s this lens that I really need Santa. Yes I know it cost a lot but if you could just think about it… please! It would improve my work tremendously! It’s a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens $1,999, and to protect it, a B+W 77mm UV Haze MRC 010M Filter $48.99 at B&HPhotoVideo.Com. It’s been on my needs list for sometime now. Don’t get me wrong; I love my coffee cup version but it just doesn’t seem to actually work on the camera.
- And just one more thing. Every photographer who doesn’t want to be chained to the office could use a nice laptop. I’ve read that the Apple 15.4″ MacBook Pro Notebook Computer with Retina Display & Force Touch Trackpad for $3,149 at B&HPhotoVideo.Com is a photographer’s dream. Now I don’t know what all this computer jargon means but it has: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 (Crystalwell), 16GB of Onboard 1600 MHz DDR3L RAM, 1TB PCIe-Based Flash Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphics (2GB GDDR5), 15.4″ LED-Backlit IPS Retina Display, 2880 x 1800 Native Resolution, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, Thunderbolt 2, USB 3.0, HDMI, Force Touch Trackpad and Mac OS X 10.10 or 10.11.
Well that’s about it Santa. You know where to find me. I’ll think of some tasty treats to leave for you and there’s always a carrot in the fridge for Rudolph!
*Links and prices listed were found on 11/10/2015