Wow. These last few months have been so busy that 2016 just slide right in there and surprised us all.
Can you believe it’s the start of a brand new year again already?
The other day I was thinking that I needed to work on a few personal photo projects this year. You know the type; things to keep you shooting even when you have nothing scheduled, projects to improve skills, projects to expand creativity… things like that.
So I sat down and made a list of project ideas starting with a “Monthly Photo Theme” project. The idea for this is that each month there is a different theme and you attempt to shoot as many photos that fit that theme as you can. There’s no set number of images to create, no particular time of day to shoot, and it doesn’t require you to work on it every day although you could if you so choose.
I listed all 12 months of 2016 and randomly filled in a theme for each month. My list now looks like this:
January – Minimalistic
February – Black and White
March – Macro
April – Doors
May – Color Explosion
June – Isolated Objects
July – Childhood
August – Nature
September – Foods
October – Sunsets
November – Aged
December – Blue
Some of the other project ideas I have added to the ol’ notebook for 2016 include:
- A Day In The Life Of An Old Dog [featuring our good ol’ Bella Dog]
- 10 on 10 [selectively shooting 10 images on the 10th day of the month]
- One Week One Lens [shooting with only one lens for an entire week]
- A short Drive and 100 Steps [parking the car after a short drive and taking 100 steps then creating as many images as you can from that one spot]
- In Camera Abstracts [shooting abstract images such as extreme close ups of details, lens zooms, light trails…]
- 52 Saturday Nights [taking one photo each Saturday night that in someway illustrates the week]
- Shoot A Rainbow [taking one image for each color of the rainbow]
- A-Z Challenge [taking one image for each letter of the alphabet]
I have no idea how many of these projects I’ll actually get done this year. But I’d like to tackle them all!
Wish me luck… and… welcome to 2016. May it be a wonderful year for us all.