Ok; at least Kitty over at Miss Kitty Roads likes me. Kitty has awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award! Thank you Kitty you are so nice.
Now the best part of this whole blogging thing has been the interaction with other bloggers, the awesome comments from readers all over the globe, and the new online “friends” I’ve met. But hey! Who doesn’t like to get an award, after all they are pretty cool, and one awarded by your peers is the coolest.
There are many awards floating around the blogosphere that bloggers bestow on each other. Those awards are pretty awesome because they don’t require a nomination committee, or hidden ballots, or mudslinging campaigns. They are just simply there for one blogger to let another blogger know how much they enjoy reading all those fun posts. This one goes a step further and is also an awesome way for one blogger to let his/her readers know about even more great blogs.
If you really think about it the Versatile Blogger Award works a bit like those old chain letters that you used to get through that old fashioned paper mail; you know the stuff you once found in that cute little tin box hanging on the front of your house. A chain letter was the SPAM of the good old days and required you to copy the letter and send it on to a dozen friends and for those friends to send it on to a dozen more; and so on and so on. But what good did those ever do anyone? Not a darn thing. This however does some great things. It lets you the reader learn about other blogs that you may not have seen before; and it lets me the blogger have a little fun!
I did some searching with good ol’ Google and tried my darndest to locate any information about the history of the Versatile Blogger Award. I wanted to find out who started it and how long it has been passed around; I couldn’t find a thing. If anyone knows please fill me in. I did find a lot a great blogs that have received the award over the last several years and plan to revisit a few of them as time allows.
Ok; on with the fun….
There are a few rules to receiving the VBA that I must follow; the first one is to thank the person who nominated you and link to his/her blog. I’ve already taken care of that way back at the beginning of this long and windy post. The second is to nominate 15 other bloggers. That will be a little harder but here I go with my 15 nominees listed in no particular order other than complete randomness…
Our Fine House
The Suburban Misfit
Images By T. Dashfield
Here I Stand
Juggling With Chainsaws
Faith Sandahl Photography
Rebecca The Housewrecka
Live Simply Live Thrifty Live Savvy
Mary Potter Kenyon
Adam Stevens Photography
Kevin Oke Photography
Photo By Holly
And my last bit of fun before I can officially claim my award is to tell 7 things about myself that you may not already know; let’s see… what to tell…. what to tell…
1. I am the youngest of 8 siblings; 6 girls and 2 boys.
2. There is nearly 16 years age difference between myself and my oldest sibling.
3. When I was a small child I used to eat gooseberries right off the bush; and spent a lot of time climbing the fruit trees with my cousin.
4. I was raised in small town USA and have lived in small towns nearly all my life.
5. I live with chronic pain from arthritis, nerve issues, and massive migraines among other health problems and swallow far too many stinkin’ pills every day.
6. Someday I’d like to travel and see the world. Along the way I’d like to visit NY and see a Broadway play.
7. My dream of becoming a photographer started years and years and years ago because of a grade school science class project and I recently re-connected with that teacher via facebook. Pretty cool that he remembered me all these years later and knew that he was the cause of all this adventure that I am having now.
That’s it, that’s all there is to it. I am now officially an honored recipient of The Versatile Blogger Award. Enjoy the blogs I have linked to I hope you find something you like at each and every one of them.