Ok all you Facebook people out there it’s time to let your ideas be heard.
Ideas on how to make the most of your cover photo that is.
I’m usually not that creative when it comes to my cover photo; it is more often than not just one image. However I have tried to be a little more creative lately and make a cover photo collage of sorts. The last one was just a grouping of random photos from KKHPhotos.com; and the new one that I just uploaded today is a grouping of products from my Zazzle Variety Store.
I know that’s not very original…. I guess I need ideas.
A few things I do know about using a Facebook cover photo…
- your image should be 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels tall
- when posting images online it is best to use a low res copy
- you should change your cover photo from time to time
- the images on your cover photo should be your own work
- and that the official FB rules on cover photos as of October 2012 are “…Covers can’t be deceptive, misleading, or infringe on anyone else’s copyright. You may not encourage people to upload your cover to their personal timelines. Covers may not include: price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on socialmusic.com”, contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section, references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features, or calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”.”
So how do you use your Facebook page’s cover photo? Please share your ideas in the comments.